A Year in Review at the Village- 2015
As we celebrate our 3rd anniversary and the new year, we took a nostalgic look back at 2015. What a year it has been for Atlanta Tech Village! Here are a few highlights from our growing community and a very memorable 2015:
- 737 members in January grew to 933 members this year.
- 297 startups worked in the Village in 2015.
- $250M+ capital has been raised by Village startups. Yes, that's a quarter of a billion dollars.
- 43 Village startups have achieved 6 figures in funding or ARR.
- 21 Village startups have achieved 7 figures in funding or ARR.
- 2 student intern fairs were hosted connecting 829 students with job opportunities at 104 tech companies.
- 337 people attended our 3rd Annual Holiday Showcase featuring 30 of our hottest Village startups.
- 1,104 tweets were sent.
- 5,577 mentions were tagged on Twitter.
- 312 fitness classes were held in our gym.
- 71 meet ups were hosted for networking.
- 4 weekend long hackathons were hosted.
- 1,664 tours were given.
- 31 Retweets and 54 favorites gave us our top tweet of the year.
- 2 companies graduated from the Village after outgrowing our space- Yik Yak and ClockwiseMD.
- 600 glow sticks were bought for our epic 2nd Annual Members Only Block Party.
- 421 ping pong balls were used and abused.
- 433 events were hosted by our amazing events team.
- 100+ pitches were made to investors and Fortune 500 companies including Coca-Cola and Turner.
- 15,996 pints of beer were drunk.
- 1700 pounds of coffee were purchased.
- 10 epic Village Elf videos were made.
- 45 Startup Chowdowns were hosted and 10,672 meals were served to entrepreneurs.
- 6,500 high fives and fist bumps were given by our beloved security guard Jewell. (Seriously, he averages 25 a day).
- 44 Villagers competed in an epic Dodgeball tournament.
- 13 electric vehicle charging stations were added in the Village deck.
- 7,216 new organic Twitter followers were gained for a total of 16,500+.
We are looking forward to 2016 and all the promise it holds for our amazing Village family and the startup community of our great city. Dream big, Atlanta!