Paying it Forward with Community Bucket
If you've ever walked the halls of Atlanta Tech Village, it is easy to know what our core values are. Be Nice, Dream Big, Work Hard/Play Hard and last but not least, Pay it Forward.
One of our favorite ways to Pay it Forward is with Community Bucket. Community Bucket is a nonprofit dedicated to building local community through social volunteering. Connect with like-minded neighbors who share a passion for giving back and having fun.
One of our favorite events this year was a virtual trivia night. Here's the breakdown of the winners and winnings:
- Grand Prize winner Team Bark scored $290 for National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Team Terminus scored $298.33 for Black Girls Code
- Team Hannon Hill scored $223.33 for Atlanta CASA
- Team Urjanet scored $123.33 for Greening Youth Foundation
- Team Cognira scored $65 for Black Girls Code
Factoring in the bonus questions, individual donations during registration, and company donations, the total collective impact for Tech Gives Back Q1 is $6,420.25!
Four out of those five companies have called the Village home and turns out, they are as good as trivia as they are at building startups. We are proud of the impact they are making on the community!