Introducing It Takes A Village Cohort #3
To date, Atlanta Tech Village has graduated 21 startups that have raised a combined $435K in funding and $1.8M in revenue from our It Takes A Village Pre-Accelerator program. With all the success from 2018, we are keeping the momentum rolling into the new year with the introduction of our third cohort!
From online gaming to managing construction projects, we have hand-selected a diverse group startups led by women and people of color to help them along their entrepreneurial journey this Spring ‘19. Check 'em out! (Left to Right)
- Construwise - Dana James
- ScrapSports - Niesha Butler
- Brikym Studios - Brian Ollison
- Activvely - Stefanie Jewett
- Spirit - Connor Ford
- Omode' Play and Create - Justina Olatunde-Davis
- Sweat Pack - Umama Kibria
- Musicbuk - Dumarkus Davis
- Click-A-Shift - Ariam Sium
- Smart Convos, Inc. - Danielle Major
We pride ourselves in continuously iterating and innovating in everything we do. That being said, with the quantitative data, founders feedback, and observations we've gathered over the past year, we have made some slight alterations in efforts to drive faster success for participating startups.
- Customer Focused: Our main focus in this Pre-Accelerator has shifted to making sure founders are gaining paying customers for their products and we are equipping them with tools, resources, and connections needed to do so rather than immediately seeking funding.
- Timeframe: Shortened the program from 6-months to 16-Weeks to make sure founders are laser focused.
- Curriculum: Lesson Labs will have a heavy emphasis on Customer Discovery, Go-To-Market, and Investor Readiness and tangible takeaways allowing founders to apply content immediately.
Continuing the efforts of Atlanta Tech Village’s Diversity and Inclusion Initiative, this 16-Week program is designed to prepare underrepresented founders to successfully get to the next level which is defined as acquiring new customers, receiving a seed investment, and/or earning a spot in an accelerator program.By providing an inclusive community for this diverse group of founders, we believe providing direct access to community, curriculum, and capital will help build and grow the next generation of sustainable startups and diversity in tech.Stay Tuned! – You don't want to miss the amazing things in store for this group.