Atlanta Startup Village #12 Recap
We had a stellar turnout tonight-- over 250 people-- for this 12th installment of the best monthly startup event in Atlanta. Tonight, we heard from a variety of entrepreneurs:
- Tonya is a dental hygienist-turned-entrepreneur whose hobby of matching dental jobs to job seekers exploded into a growing business called DentalPost with over 400,000 subscribers and a million dollars in revenue.
- nuVizz creates enterprise mobile solutions, including an app called DeliverIt, which enables you to track teams in the field, real-time delivery tracking, and other features for transportation and logistics companies.
- The boom in tax credits like Georgia's film tax credit opens the door for the sale and transfer of unused credits. Enter StaxExchange, a marketplace for anyone to purchase unused tax credits at discounted prices and save on their personal tax bill.
- Healthpons is revolutionizing the way doctors can accept payment for services and treatments. With over 65,000 doctors and most major insurance providers already on board, they're poised to make a major impact on the healthcare industry. Doctors are estimated to save over $69,000/year on practice costs using Healthpons.
- QA Symphony offers an array of testing tools for development teams, customer support teams, agile exploratory and session based testing. Blows other testing solutions out of the water.
Big shout out to Jon Birdsong for borrowing the Startup Village concept from friends in Boulder, CO, bringing it to Atlanta and making it thrive! Thanks to all of you for being a part of the Atlanta startup community! We'll see you next month!