America’s Largest Tech Entrepreneurial Hubs
From the beginning, Atlanta Tech Village's mission has been to fuel Atlanta's rise to a top tech startup center in the U.S. and we are well on our way. We have seen Atlanta’s tech scene grow tremendously in the past few years as tech hubs, coworking spaces, accelerators, incubators, and more have popped up. And in just three short years, the Village has seen multiple successful Series A rounds and graduated startups like Bitpay, Salesloft, insightpool, and Yik Yak. And as our footprint grows, the Village team continues to host hundreds of VCs and visitors from all over the US and the world. During those meetings we often get the question, "How do you compare on a national scale?" At 103,000 square feet, over 1,000 active members, and 290+ startups, we were confident we were one of the Top 10 largest tech hubs in the US, maybe even Top 5. So we decided to invest over 30 hours of research to find out exactly where we stand. It's good news. Atlanta Tech Village is currently the 4th largest tech entrepreneurial hub in the US! Here are some details from our search:
We used the following criteria in our search:
- We measured a hub’s size according to single-location square footage.
- We included hubs, coworking spaces, incubators, and accelerators.
- We included all hubs that are specifically tech-focused and excluded any that are not.
- Finally, of course, we made sure each space was dedicated to supporting startups.
With those criteria in mind, here is what we found:
- Cambridge Innovation Center (One Broadway St. location) - Cambridge, MA. 210,000 square feet.
- Plug and Play - Sunnyvale, CA. 150,000 square feet.
- 1871 - Chicago, IL. 130,000 square feet.
- Atlanta Tech Village - Atlanta, GA. 103,000 square feet.
- HQ Charlotte at Packard Place - Charlotte, NC. 88,993 square feet.
Why does size matter? Because the higher the density, the more at bats we get, which equal more opportunities for big successes. And those successes are what Atlanta needs to stay on the national tech map and continue to move up the ranks.Atlanta Tech Village is a proud part of helping make Atlanta nationally known as a tech hub to be reckoned with. Together, Atlanta's startup ecosystem is continuing to grow, and with a single-location Top 5 tech entrepreneurial hub already here, we have no doubt we’ll see Atlanta enter into the Top 5 tech startup centers in the U.S. sooner rather than later.#chooseATL