Google Analytics is a free tool that will give you tremendous insight into what is happening on your website. Google analytics can help you answer questions such as:
1) Where is my traffic coming from?
2) What are the most popular pages?
3) Are site visitors taking actions on my website?
4) What are the most popular keywords driving traffic?
5) What are the most popular referral websites?
By knowing what is working and what is not working, you can focus your attention on what’s important. Whether you have a lead generation website, an e-commerce website, or simply a site that provides information, you want to make sure that site visitors take the desired action. If not, you can use analytics data to figure out where the weak spots are.