* Free Beer and Pizza! Networking starts at 6:30, talk at 7 *
Major outages from Cloud and CDN providers are well documented. What flows beneath the radar are the more prosaic Micro-outages that permeate the Internet. Using Billions of Real End User Measurements a day and Heat-maps this talk discusses in detail the[masked] impactful outages a month on over 100+ Platforms. These measurements must be captured and analyzed in real time to make them useful however. We also discuss how the data can be signal processed to make it actionable in real time.
Pete Mastin, Cedexis
- Pete labored the first 15 years in the Technology business as a software designer, developer, architect, VP of technology and CTO of various startups.
- Most of these were in the Video space.
- 2006: CTO at MulticastMedia – an online Video platform specializing in Live and Linear Broadcast. His team successfully built, deployed and managed Vidego, an OVP that was back-ended by 3 CDN’s; Akamai, Limelight and Level3.
- MulticastMedia was acquired by KIT digital / Piksal
- 2009: Joined Internap as Vice President of Product Management for IP and CDN where he drove product as well as strategic business development and Market Strategy.
- He joined Cedexis in the spring of 2014 and is primarily focused on Market Strategy.