Every funding transaction is unique. Deal terms, equity forms and investor preferences can be complicated. All have one thing and common, there are a series critical issues that need to be addressed.
The Atlanta Technology Angels Education series is proud to partner with Morris Manning and Martin to present:
CRITICAL ISSUES IN NEGOTIATING INVESTMENTS IN EARLY STAGE TECHNOLOGY COMPANIES
Whether you are an angel investor or an entrepreneur, there are many critical issues that are raised in navigating the fundraising process for early stage technology companies. From entrepreneurs selecting an investor group to investors performing due diligence and negotiating a deal with specific definitive documents, there are critical issues to be addressed.
To help make sense of the myriad of issues, experienced counsel from Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP, with extensive experience representing angels, venture capital firms and entrepreneurs will present and discuss critical issues from both the investor's and entrepreneur's perspective.
The topics will include:
- Investor pros and cons: Friends & Family vs. Angel Groups vs. Venture Capital Firms
- Structure of Security Offerings: Common Stock vs. Preferred Stock vs. Convertible Debt vs. SAFE Instruments
- Negotiating the Term Sheet: Standard Terms for Equity and Convertible Debt Term Sheets
- Contrasting Angel and VC Terms
- Due Diligence Issues
- Issues in Negotiating the Definitive Agreements
The session will be interactive and fast paced so bring your questions and experience. Seldom will you get this level of information and tips about funding transactions in one setting.
Free: to ATA members (with code available in member email).
Discount: To Village members (code available in forum).
General Public: $35.