Tax Implications and Avoiding Mistakes: Issues for the Angel Investor and Early Stage Company
This interactive program will be presented by tax experts from Smith & Howard, the #1 accounting firm in the nation in 2014 and 2015*. The session will cover key tax planning issues, including:
- Using Qualified Small Business Stock to shelter investment income from taxation upon exit event
- The Georgia Angel Investor Tax Credits
- Tax implications of various investment types (preferred stock, convertible notes, convertible equity and warrants)
- Other tax credits relevant to early stage companies
- Emerging income tax and operational tax issues impacting early stage companies
The program will be presented by Debbie Torrance, Tim Howe and Scott Whalen of Smith & Howard.
Prior to the presentation, there will be time for investors and entrepreneurs to
socialize over beer, wine and hors d’oeuvres.
Tickets are $35, and space is limited, so reserve your seat.
Discount: ATV members (w/ code available in forum) and Entrepreneurs
Socializing with Investors and Entrepreneurs over beer, wine, and heavy hors d’oeuvres will proceed the panel.
*as ranked by Inside Public Accounting